Jump To Your Favourite
- 1 Rudosterka – where is it most common in the wild?
- 2 Rudosterka – what does this bird look like?
- 3 Rudosterki – the breeding that these birds require
- 4 What is the best cage for a redhead girl?
- 5 Rudosterka – what is the character of this parrot?
- 6 Can a ruddy-haired girl learn human speech?
- 7 Nutrition of a ruddy-haired girl – what kind of food will be best for her?
- 8 Rudosterka – price
Rudosterka is a species of bird that is as rare in the wild as in breeding. Although they are not yet endangered animals, the population of these birds is shrinking more and more due to the deforestation of the rainforests. The red-tailed parrot is sometimes compared to its larger cousin, the popular macaw. It is much smaller than it, but in the case of some color variations it resembles it in appearance. Rudosterka is not a bird with complex requirements. She should be provided with conditions that are fairly typical for a parrot of this size. To learn more about it, read our article!
Rudosterka – where is it most common in the wild?
Most bird species occur naturally in areas with a warm climate. Some of them can be found in Australia, Oceania and around Asia, while others, for example, in South America. The redhead is a bird that lives naturally mainly in the vicinity of Panama. It can also be found in other neighboring countries, for example in:
He also lives in western Brazil and Argentina. Red-tailed parrots live mainly in lowland deciduous forests. They do well in humid subtropical climates at altitudes that do not exceed 3,000 meters above sea level.
Rudosterka – what does this bird look like?
This species of birds is characterized by small dimensions – it measures approximately 22 cm in length and weighs no more than 70 grams. A characteristic feature of these parrots is that there are no differences between the male and the female – they can only be distinguished by laboratory tests of a veterinarian. There are several color varieties of birds that differ in small details. All of them have mostly green wings, white rims around the eyes and characteristic gray feathers on the neck and head.
Color varieties of red-tailed parrots
The most popular color varieties are:
- red-faced redhead – these birds have green feathers on most parts of their body and gray feathers around their necks, which are characteristic of all varieties. Green is also visible around the cheeks, and traces of blue can be seen on the tips of the red-tailed red-tailed parrot’s feathers;
- red-bellied rudder – one of the most characteristic varieties of these birds and considered by many to be the prettiest. There is a lot of blue on the wings and cheeks, but the most characteristic are the red belly and the inside of the wings;
- yellow-bellied redhead – this variety looks a bit like red-bellied birds. You can see a lot of blue on their feathers as well, and there’s a red color on their belly. What’s the difference? This parrot also has a yellow tinge. It is most visible under the neck;
- brown-eared ruddy – this species looks a bit like green-eared birds, but on their stomach and head you can see slightly warmer colors than pure green. Some varieties are closer in color to brown. Other parrots have a shade that can be described as dirty yellow.
Rudosterki – the breeding that these birds require
The redhead is a bird that usually lives in small groups in the wild. They count from 5 to 20 individuals, although in justified cases they can form larger communities. For this reason, parrots cannot be kept individually. If you are considering buying this animal, you must take into account at least a pair of pairs. In addition, you must know that these kinds of parrots are not used to change. Therefore, they should not travel frequently, unless necessary.
What is the best cage for a redhead girl?
Even though these birds are not large, they require quite a lot of exercise. Therefore, a small cage measuring 50 centimeters will not be suitable for them. They require much more space and a large aviary will be ideal. You can put it outside, although it is worth remembering that red-tailed parrots are not adapted to low temperatures. Therefore, they may not survive frosts if you do not install heating in the aviary or take the birds home for winter. Remember that they are active pets that need activity and entertainment. Not only special toys work well, but also ordinary twigs or tree trunks.
Rudosterka – what is the character of this parrot?
Parakeets can be quite shy at first. They need some time to get used to the new environment, especially since they are not very fond of change. As soon as they settle in at home, they become very inquisitive and sometimes downright nosy. Rudosterka needs a lot of stimulation and attractions, for example in the form of various toys. If the birds are very bored they can demolish the cage or aviary, or even destroy the containment, so make sure they always have something to do.
Can a ruddy-haired girl learn human speech?
The redhead is a bird that most often repeats specific sounds, but not necessarily words. It is not the species best known for repeating complete sentences, such as the African Gray Parrot. Red-tailed parrots are quite noisy birds, although they can also make a lot of noise by playing or (worse) destroying their place of residence. In order to avoid the latter, it is important to remember that the aviary or cage should be made of solid materials. Steel grilles, which possibly have additional wooden elements, will work best.
Nutrition of a ruddy-haired girl – what kind of food will be best for her?
You can choose the right mix for medium-sized parrot food. Obviously, it cannot make up your entire diet. In the wild, the ruddy also feeds on fruit and small invertebrates, so at home you need to properly supplement the bird’s diet. With taste, the animal will eat pears, apples, bananas, pomegranates and kiwi, but also vegetables. It is best to give:
- properly shredded carrots;
- boiled legumes.
In addition, birds should also be supplemented with protein. To include them in the parrots’ diet, you can give them small pieces of cheese, insect larvae, and a boiled and shredded chicken egg.
Rudosterka – price
The birds in question are not the most expensive species, but they are also not as cheap as, for example, the popular budgerigars. The minimum price will be PLN 400, although you can usually buy these birds for around PLN 500. Extremely rare varieties of gingerbread can be much more expensive and exceed PLN 1,000. Should lower prices arouse not interest but distrust? Why? Such apparent opportunities may indicate poor breeding conditions. It is worth remembering that you should have at least 2 birds, so the amount will increase accordingly depending on how many parrots you want to buy.
Rudosterka is a unique parrot with requirements typical of these birds. Needs proper socialization and some attractions. If you meet all her needs, she will be a truly grateful companion.